June 10 – June 12
Liwliwa, 2204 San Felipe, Zambales
What is freedom? What does it mean to be free? What does it mean to be a Filipino? How do we connect with Mother Earth and our Motherland? How do we connect with each other?
Together, we’ll be discovering answers to these questions, and more at Kamp Kalayaan. Join us for three days of art, music, community, environment, rights, and freedom in commemoration of Philippine Independence Day!
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Kamp Kalayaan is a three-day arts and freedom festival to celebrate Philippine Independence Day at Greenspace Liwa brought to you by DAKILA and Active Vista, in partnership with REXA, and Slick Barbers.
Admission to daily events is FREE. You must secure your own transportation, accommodation, and food. (See details below.)
WHOLE DAY – Mural Painting
AM – Climate School + Coastal Clean-up
PM – Movie Night
WHOLE DAY – Mural Painting, Salo-Salo (Food & Drink Fest, Barter Barber, Open Mic, Tattoo Sessions)
AM – Flag-raising + Paddle Out for the Philippines
Overnight guests may avail of the following options for onsite accommodations:
— Greenspace camp grounds for Php 250per tent per night. (Bring your own tent).
— Hammock rental Php250 (subject to availability)
— Tent rental Php250 (subject to availability)
There are no private rooms available at the venue. You may secure lodgings by directly contacting the following resorts nearby:
Board Culture Liw-Liwa Surf Camp, San Felipe, Zambles
Sunny Side Up
Kapitan’s Liwa Surf Resort, San Felipe, Zambales
Kila-Bot Sir Ping Spot Surf Na Bra- Yan, Liwliwa San Felipe, Zambales
Balud sa Liwa
La Zerena beach resort
The Circle Hostel
Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the venue.
Greenspace Liwa is located in Liwliwa, San Felipe, Zambales.
Cellphone signal may be inconsistent enroute so please save the directions below:
Location map: https://www.facebook.com/events/451682968532594/permalink/452894068411484/?action_history=null
Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/vcGs1uXg5bB2
Directions for public transportation from Metro Manila:
1. From VICTORY LINER CUBAO TERMINAL, take a bus to IBA, ZAMBALES. Tell the conductor to drop you off at SAN FELIPE. (Fare: Php300/person)
2. From SAN FELIPE, take a tricycle and tell the driver to drop you off at Greenspace, beside Aragoza. (Fare: Php20/person)
WHAT TO BRING:
1. Appropriate clothes and gear – Kamp Kalayaan is a community-inclusive event with lots of collaborative activities like mural painting, open mic sessions, coastal clean-up, workshops and more! We encourage all to bring clothing you don’t mind getting dirty, plus instruments, art materials, surfboards and other gear if you wish to participate in the different activities.
2. Reusable tumblers/water bottles, utensils, and food containers –
Kamp Kalayaan strives to LEAVE NO TRACE, so please help us keep garbage to a minimum.
3. For those who wish to camp out: Tents, hammocks, sleeping mats/bags and other camping gear. (Limited numbers of tents and hammocks are available for rent at the venue.)
4. Yourself and your friends!
Follow the journey on social media: #KampKalayaan #Kalayaan2017 #LahingDAKILA