My ASEAN Creative City Photo Contest
The Design Center of the Philippines is looking for creative cities around the ASEAN region to be part of the upcoming “Windows to Creative Cities Exhibition”.
The “Windows to Creative Cities Exhibition” is an exploration of today’s creative hubs, creative goods, and services in the region. It’s a 4-day exhibition that will be held from April 24-27 at the Bonifacio Global Arts Center in Taguig City, Philippines.
We are calling out to the public from the ASEAN countries to participate in #MyCreativeCity Photo Contest. Be a part of this groundbreaking event and nominate your city!
Who can join the #MyCreativeCity Photo Contest?
The photo contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers from the ASEAN countries of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam who are owners of photos or images of their cities that they believe should be a potential creative city.
How to join:
- Take a photo of your city that falls under at least one of the creative fields in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network – Crafts and Folk Art, Design, Film, Gastronomy, Literature, Music, Media Arts. (See guidelines below for more details)
- Post the image to our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/DTI.DesignCenterPH/ and link to http://bit.ly/2prFXLV.
- Write the name of the city and country, the creative fields it falls under, and use the hashtag #MyCreativeCity. Example: CityName. Country. Design. #MyCreativeCity
- Send a high resolution copy of the image to firstname.lastname@example.org
File format: Jpeg or png
Resolution: Minimum is 720p(1280×720) and maximum is 1080p(1920×1080)
File Size: Max of 3MB
File Naming: Country_YourName_City.jpeg
Subject: #MyCreativeCity Entry – CityName, Country, Creative Field
Deadline of uploading and submission of image entries is on 21 April 2017, 6PM, Philippine Standard Time.
- Online submission of entries is required for this competition.
- Maximum of three (3) entries per person can be submitted for this competition provided they are on different subjects.
- The images must be:
An original image or photo taken within the vicinity of your country.
Subject is a place, venue, creative object or past/ ongoing activity of the respective city.
- The entry must be at least under one of the creative fields of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network.
● Crafts & Folk Art – Send photos/ images of tapestries; woven silks; embroidered goods; carved marbled objects; wood carvings; etc.
● Design – Send photos/ images like architectural designs; innovative designs; urban planning designs; product designs; packaging; labeling; etc.
● Film – Send photos/ images of actual filming; films that were awarded locally & internationally; film clubs; etc.
● Gastronomy – Send photos; images of different types of food, cuisine, exotic way of cooking, etc.
● Literature – Send photos/ images of written works; books and writings published on a particular subject; leaflets and other printed matter used to advertise products or advice; publications that were awarded locally/ internationally; etc.
● Music – Send photos; images of concerts; classical performance; way of playing ethnic instruments; etc.
● Media Arts – Send photos/ images like digital art; computer graphic designs; animation; virtual art; interactive art; 3D printing; etc.
Feel free visit the official website of UNESCO Creative Cities Network at http://en.unesco.org/creative-citie…, to have a clearer idea on what photos/ images to send.
Criteria for Judging:
Quality of photo 15%
Relevance to at least one of seven creative fields of UNESCO 30%
(i.e. Film, Gastronomy, etc.)
Audience Impact 10%
Clarity of Expression 10%
Level of Detail 5%
TOTAL = 100%
Winning entries will be announced on 28 April 2017 after the ASEAN Creative Cities Forum and Exhibition. An announcement will be made on the social media accounts of the Design Center of the Philippines.
The winners will be officially informed via email and will receive “My ASEAN Creative City” Plaque of Appreciation from the Philippine Department of Trade and Industry. The plaque will be sent to the winner’s address via courier.
Terms and Conditions:
- The decision of the judges is final and binding.
- You confirm, by joining this photo contest that you own all Intellectual Property Rights of your entry and that it does not infringe on any third party copyright.
- You agree to be bound by the rules of the photo contest and give Design Center of the Philippines permission to use your name and image on promotional items, marketing , publicity, merchandising, production, and any subsidiary right.
- We reserve the right to ask for documents and validate that all information you supply is true and complete.
- We reserve the right to cancel or vary these Terms and Conditions at any time in our discretion and will post any changes on the website and social media accounts. Further, we reserve the right to suspend the competition at any time and to change the form and substance, dates for deadlines and events, locations or specifications of the photo contest and prize.
Employees of Design Center of the Philippines and their affiliates, sponsors, organizers, advertising agencies, and judges, including their immediate family members up to the third degree.